COVID-19 may look different to different people. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), children and older adults are at risk. Though there are far fewer cases of virus reported in children, we should keep our children safe and healthy.
Most of the children affected have caught the infection from someone they lived around or a family member. Children are likely to be experiencing worry, anxiety and fear, also it includes the types of fears that are very similar to those experienced by adults.
Parents play an important role in teaching children to wash their hands frequently. Tell them how important it is to keep your hand clean as this keeps them healthy and stops the virus from spreading to other people.
Here are some steps to be followed for keeping your children safe from coronavirus:
1. Teach your children to greet people without physical contact.
2. Make hand washing a family activity.
3. Teach your children some indoor activities and games that make them happy as well as active.
4. Tell them to practice their hobbies like dancing, singing, cooking, drawing, painting,etc. These hobbies even make them creative.
5. If any person from your family is showing any symptoms of COVID-19, then separate them from other family members and children. As children are affected very quickly.
6. Make sure your children have their vaccinations.
7. Protect them from illnesses like the flu.
Children are finding it difficult to stay at home as they are used to attending schools, parks, partying. To improve the immune system of children they must be given Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C. Children should be only given healthy home-baked food as this is important in order to keep them healthy in these CoronaVirus days.