Goan cuisines are all over famous and are well-loved by everyone. Especially their cakes and sweets. Goan Batica or Baath cake is a tea-time menu cake and is soft and tasty. This traditional Goan dessert replaces the refined flour with semolina(Rava) and the grated coconut and nutmeg flavor come together to give it its unique and aromatic flavors. This recipe is simple and can be made easily by the basic ingredients which are already available at home!
Let’s have a look at the recipe!
Total cook time is 60 mins, Preparation Time-20 mins, Cooking Time-40 mins
This recipe below serves about 4-5 people and it’s a non-vegetarian dish.
List of Ingredients:
250gm ghee, 250gm sugar, 6 eggs, 1 large grated as well as ground coconut, 250gm semolina (suji), 1 tsp baking powder, 4 powdered cardamom, 1 tsp vanilla essence, 1 tsp nutmeg powder.
Here below are the steps to follow:
1. Beat the ghee and sugar, combine well, it becomes creamy. You can use a hand mixer or whisk for doing so.
2. Add the egg yolk one at a time and keep mixing well.
3. Add baking powder to the semolina. Now add this mixture to the creamy egg mixture and mix well, now add the grated coconut.
4. Add the vanilla essence and the nutmeg, and intense flavour and smell and again mix well.
5. Grease a baking tin with ghee or butter, dust a little plain flour over it and pour the mixture into the baking tin.
6. Cook in a preheated oven at 175 degrees celsius for about an hour. Bake until a golden crust is formed.
7. Serve it hot with some masala tea or coffee and enjoy!!