Hyderabad has now become one of the popular places in India for its amazing and mouth-watering foods. We all have only heard about the special Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani, but there’s a lot to know other than it. Below are some of the best recipes from Hyderabad.
1. Dahi Kabab-
Ingredients- 1 lt. Full cream curd, ¼ cup gram flour, ½ cup finely chopped onions, ¼ cup finely chopped coriander leaves, 1 green chilli finely chopped, 1 tbsp chopped ginger, 1 tbsp Kashmiri Red Chilli powder, ½ tbsp Garam Masala powder, ½ tbsp black salt, salt, ghee for shallow frying.
1. Pour the curd in a bowl lined up with muslin cloth. Tie a knot and place some weight over it.
2. Check after 6-7 hours. The water should be drained completely.
3. Dry roast gram flour on medium flame 5-6 minutes.
4. Add the curd in a bowl, roasted gram flour, onions, chillies, ginger, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, black salt and normal salt.
5. Mix everything well and check the salt.
6. Make small sized balls and pat them flat.
7. Heat a pan and some ghee. Place the kebabs over it and fry evenly on both sides. Cook around the edges .
8. Serve hot with green chutney.
Ingredients- 1/2 tsp lamb,150 gms moong dal, 50 gms dal chana, 100 gms wheat (broken), 500 ml desi ghee, 10 Cloves, 4 Bay leaves, 1 gms saffron, 30 gms green chilli paste, 10 gms turmeric powder, 6 gms mace, 10 gms green cardamom, 50 gms garlic paste, 50 gms ginger, grated, 150 gms onion, fried, 3-4 litre lamb stock, Salt to taste.
1. Wash and soak all the lentils together for 2 hours.
2. Take a heavy bottom handi and add ghee and cloves, bay leaf and green cardamom. Now, add the grated ginger and garlic paste.
3. Add the lamb along with all the powdered spices saffron, green chilli paste, turmeric powder.
4. Add all the lentils along with the lamb stock.
5. Once the lamb gets tender and is mixed with the lentils, take off the flame and serve hot.
3. Hyderabadi Dum Ka Murgh-
Ingredients- 1 chicken, 2 tbsp cashew nuts, 1 tbsp chironji, 1 cup sour curd, 1 cup deep fried onion, 2 tsp ginger paste, 2 tbsp garlic paste, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, 2-3 chopped green chilli, 1/2 cup chopped mint leaves, 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, 1 tbsp shahi jeera, 4-5 crushed green cardamom pods, 2 cinnamon sticks, 5-7 crushed cloves, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tsp coriander seeds, Juice of 1 lemon, 3 Tbsp vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp ghee or clarified butter, Whole wheat, Salt to taste.
1. Dry grind cashew nuts and chironji into fine powder.
2. Also, grind cumin and coriander seeds and make a fine powder with them.
3. Take a a large non-stick pan, add chicken, nut powder, curd, fried onion, ginger-garlic paste, chopped chillies, chopped mint and cilantro, turmeric, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, cinnamon sticks, cardamom pods, cloves, shahi jeera, lemon juice, salt, vegetable oil and ghee in the pan.
4. Keep the marinated chicken in the pan for at least 2 to 4 hours.
5. After 4 hours, seal the pan with the atta dough and put the pan on medium heat to cook the chicken for at least 35 to 40 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat after 40 minutes and don’t take the lid off. Set it aside for 10 minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, cut the seal and the chicken is ready.
4. Hyderabadi Baingan-
Ingredients- 500 gm small brinjal, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds, 10-12 curry leaves, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder.
For the gravy: 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp sesame seeds, 1/4 cup peanuts and 1/4 cup onion- roast them together and grind to a powder, 1 Tbsp tamarind pulp, Green chillies, 1 Tbsp coriander, Oil, Salt to taste.
1. Cut the brinjal into quarters, soak them in water with the stems intact.
2. Heat some oil and fry cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, sesame seeds, curry leaves, turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
3. Add the brinjal and fry in the masala for about ten minutes.
1. Heat the remaining oil and fry the ground masala for about three minutes.
2. Now, add the tamarind pulp, green chillies and fresh coriander leaves and simmer.
3. Lastly, add brinjals into the gravy & simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Mirchi Ka Salan-
Ingredients- 8-10 green chillies, 1/2 tsp sesame seeds, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 coconut, 1 onion, 4 tsp tamarind water, 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 cup curd, 2 tsp oil, to taste salt, for garnishing Fresh coriander.
Procedure- 1. Dry roast the sesame seeds, peanuts, coriander seeds and cumin seeds.
2. Saute the onion in 1 teaspoon of oil. Grind the sesame seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, sauteed onions and coconut together into a paste.
3. Saute the green chillies in 1 tsp of oil. Saute the ground masala along with ginger-garlic paste, tamarind water and curd.
4. Add salt and some water. Now, add green chillies and let the mixture come to a boil.
5. Garnish with coriander.
You May Also Like To Read: