Are you craving for a sweet dish? Here we are with an amazing and mouth-watering south-Indian sweet dish Payasam. You can also call it kheer, as it is similar to that of a kheer. A special South-Indian dish made by slow cooked rice that you need to try this Diwali. Give your loved ones a surprise with this delicious sweet dish.
Ingredients- 50 gms rice, 1 liter milk, 5 gram cardamom powder, 100 gms sugar, 50 ml ghee, 50 gms cashew nuts, 25 gms raisins.
1. Wash and soak the rice for about 1/2 an hour.
2. Cook the rice in milk until it turns soft.
3. Add some cardamom powder, sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
4. Take a pan and heat some ghee and add the cashew nuts.
5. When the cashew nuts turn slightly golden, add the raisins and saute for about a minute.
6. Pour on the rice mixture in a bowl and serve warm.