Ingredients:- 1 Bowl Bengal Gram/Chana Dal, 1 Bowl Jaggery, 1 Bowl Whole Wheat Flour, Half Cup Refined Flour, Half Inch Dry Ginger, 2 tsp Fennel Seeds, 5 to 6 Green Cardamom, 10 to 12 Pepper Corn, 2 pieces of Cinnamon, Pinch of Salt, 2 tsp Cooking Oil, Clarified Butter as Required.
Procedure:- 1. Wash the chana dal and rinse it.
2. Add boiling water and some oil.
3. Cook the dal and then crush the dal.
4. Knead the dough for Puran Poli and add oil, salt, water according to the need.
5. Take the dal in a vessel and add jaggery to it. Mix it well.
6. Roast till the jaggery starts to melt and keep stirring for a while.
7. Add a pinch of salt and some butter.
8. Add the dal mixture to the mixer and grind it fine.
9. Beat the dough until it turns complete elastic
10. Make the small dough and place the mixture in the center and roll it just like a chapati.
11. Roast both the sides over medium heat and apply some ghee over it.