Are you a fan of Gujrati Cuisine? Make a spongy Dhokla at home with this interesting and finger licking recipe.
Ingredients:- for batter:- 1½ cup gram flour, 3 tbsp fine rava, 1 tsp ginger paste, 2 finely chopped chilli, ¼ tsp turmeric, 1\2 tsp sugar, asafoetida, ½ tsp salt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil, water, ½ tsp eno fruit salt
For tempering:- 3 tsp oil, ½ tsp mustard, ½ tsp jeera, 1 tsp sesame, pinch asafoetida, few curry leaves, 2 slit chilli, water, 1\2 tsp sugar, ¼ tsp salt, 1 tsp lemon juice
For garnishing:- 2 tbsp grated coconut, 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander.
Instructions:- 1. Take a mixing bowl and sieve besan and rava.
- Add ginger paste, chilli, turmeric, sugar, pinch asafoetida, salt, lemon juice and 1 tbsp oil.
- Prepare a smooth batter and add water according to need.
- Now, add ½ tsp of eno fruit salt or a pinch of baking soda.
- Immediately steam the dhokla batter for 20 minutes.
- Further, cut the dhokla and pour the tempering.
- Garnish the Dhokla with Coriander and Grated coconut.