Self-doubt is termed as lack of confidence in ourselves and our abilities.
“Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt”-William Shakespeare.
Tips to deal with self-doubt:-
- Say stop:- Don’t let the inner voice spin out of control.
- Look at the past and awash yourselves in the memories:- Whenever you look to your past & see how well the things have gone away many times despite those self-doubts then it becomes easier to let go of them.
- Don’t be afraid to seek help:- Whenever you’re doubted about things, don’t feel afraid to seek help from others. This can help you improve your self-confidence.
- Talk to someone about it:- Talk to someone about it, like your friend, relative or therapist.
- Don’t get stuck in comparison trap:- Don’t compare yourself to others, instead compare yourself to yourself and see how far you’ve come.
- Start keeping a journal:- Keeping a journal help you keep a realistic record of yourself and gain clarity more easily.
- Remember that you are not a failure just because you failed:- Don’t give up if you fail once, try again as failure is a stepping stone to success.
- Don’t beat yourself up about it:- A study has found that being kind & constructive when feeling self-doubted is a better choice.
- Celebrate the small step & win:- When you’ve taken one small step ahead & win it, celebrate every small moment.
- Sharpen your skills:- Read a few books, try to know your skills, make them a habit & practice them.