Long nails, as well as nail art, may not be sensible or attractive but everyone has a different opinion and taste. These long nail and nail art designs may fit into your lifestyle. Long nails are tricky and need to be taken care of to make them last. If you are unable to take proper care of your nails then better don’t keep them. Tips of the nails should be handled properly, as they are likely to break. Naturally, long nails are weaker compare to your main base nails. This is why it becomes necessary to learn how to maintain your long nails. Nail hardeners is a good option. But in the long run that also can make nails brittle. Here we look at a few tips and tricks to maintain your long nails.
1) Avoid using nail tips to untie knots or loosen shoelaces that really weaken your nails. Important is to treat long nails gently.
2) Use the side of your fingers to open the car door.
3) Don’t use fingers to dial the telephone, instead use a pen or pencil.
4) Use knuckles to press the elevator switch.
5) To open a box or anything don’t use nails.
6) Ensure using of gloves while washing up, handling of detergents, bleaching. Detergents may damage the natural oil your nails required for strength.
7) Only use acetone-free nail polish remover. Acetone-free removers are essential as acetone is drying and may make nails brittle.
8) Avoid nail strengthener, as it makes nails brittle.
9) Make habit of applying hand cream to boost moisture levels and avoid dryness and brittleness of nails.