Did your friend just had a breakup? If yes, you surely may get caught in a cloud of thoughts, you are wondering what to say. Going through a breakup is indeed a difficult phase. Just after a breakup, all your friends need is support and some kind words. You need to be pretty sure of some things as you are the dumped one’s friend. You need to ensure that your word doesn’t add an injury to their hurt. You need to support your friend and do things that would make them happy and help them come out of the situation.
Here are 5 things you should not say to a friend after a break up:
1. Don’t worry, you’ll find someone else- This is absolutely nothing to say after your friend has been through a breakup. Your friend is not sad about not being to find anybody, he/ she is sad because their loved one is not with them.
2. I always knew this will happen- The time is not suitable to point out things like you knew their relationship won’t last. They are really going through a hard time and all they need is your full support.
3. I think you should not have- Don’t point out their mistakes or make them realize where things went wrong. They need someone to lift them up and not to make that feeling worse.
4. He/she was always a bad person- Your friend is no longer with their loved one. Don’t talk anything bad about your friend’s partner, they may or may not be back together, but this would just worsen things.
5. I know how you feel- Almost everyone has gone through a similar phase. But your experiences differ. Your friend is just heartbroken, don’t bring anything bad from your past.
Also Read: 5 Things Men Want That Women Need To Know