This Friday the intrepid Kangana Ranaut locks horns with the affable Varun Dhawan at the box-office. Is there anything in common between the two? Apparently, yes. Read on for a collection of corny commonality.
1. The David Dhawan Connection: Well, yes. Everyone knows that Varun is David Dhawan’s son. But do you know that once Kangana acted in a film directed by David Dhawan? It was called Rascals. And from what one hears, it was a terrible experience for all concerned including of course Kangana. Apparently, Ajay Devgan who played one of the title roles swore never to work with Kangana again.
2. The Smalltown Connection: From Tanu Weds Manu to Panga, Kangana specializes in smalltown dramas. Varun who has an urban image has also done smalltown dramas. Remember Sui Dhaaga, Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya and Badrinath Ki Dulhnaiya?
3. Almost co-stars: Here’s something that nobody knows. Varun and Kangana came close to being co-stars. Yesss! And that too in a Karan Johar film. Here’s how it went. Karan had recently worked with Kangana in Ungli and they had not started doing unglee to each other yet. That’s when Karan thought of launching Varun with Kangana. Just a thought.
4. Nepotism Debate: At the peak of the nepotism debate when Kangana was sneering at Karan Johar for being the flagbearer of the nepotism gang, Varun had stood up for Kangana stating, “Who all has Karan launched by now? They’re all star kids, right? Then it’s not an accusation, it’s the truth.” Spoken like a true superstar-son.
5. The Karan Factor: To end all Panga and the mutual unglee doing…Karan Johar has seen and loved Panga. Now it’s time for Kangana to see Varun and Shraddha Kapoor dance the night away in Street Dancer.