1. Chupke Chupke was a comedy of errors, a remake of a 1971 Bengali film Chhadmabeshi about a man who must pose as his wife’s chauffeur to hide his identity from her brother-in-law. It was the biggest hit of the prolific director Hrishikesh Mukherjee’s career, and one of the three releases he had in 1975 alongside Mili and Chaitali.
2. Hrishida directed Chupke Chupke and Chaitali simultaneously on two floors of Film City, both starring the same leading man Dharmendra who did one shot with Saira Banu in Chaitali and rushed to do another with Sharmila Tagore in Chupke Chupke.
3. This was the third film that Dharmendra and Sharmila Tagore did together for Hrishikesh Mukherjee. Dharamji recalls the fun they had. “Anupama and Satyakam were very serious subjects. Chupke Chupke was fun all the way. Kab shuroo hua aur kab khatam pataa bhi nahin chala.”
4. Amitabh Bachchan and Jaya Bhaduri had brief roles, almost guest appearances which they did for the sake of the director.Om Prakash , Usha Kirron and even Asrani had more footage than the Bachchans.In fact the most important character in Chupke Chupke was played by character-actor Om Prakash.
5. After Yeh dosti hum nahin todenge in Sholay composed by Rahul Dev Burman Hrishikesh Mukherjee wanted to shoot another fun song with Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan in Chupke Chupke . RD’s father composer Sachin Dev Burman came up with Sa re ga ma in the voices of Kishore Kumar and Mohd Rafi. This was a rare coming together of the two singing legend