Here are few facts on Lata Mangeshkar that fans should be aware of…
1. Lata Mangeshkar is also known as the Nightingale of India.
2. She is the eldest among all. Her other siblings are Meena, Asha, Usha, and Hridaynath, all well-known singers and musicians.
3. At the age of 13, she became the sole breadwinner for the family after their father’s death.
4. Her first song was for Marathi movie Kiti Hasaal and got a major recognition for Aayega Aanewala from Mahal.
5. 1962, Lata Mangeshkar was seriously ill and with medical attention, it was revealed that she was given slow poison and had to take bed rest for three months to recover.
6. One of the most popular concerts was where she sang Ae Mere Watan Ke Logon for Indian soldiers who gave their lives in the Indo-China war. And her performance left Jawaharlal Nehru in tears.
7. 1947, she was the first Indian to perform in Royal Albert Hall, London UK
8. In her career, she has sung for more than 2,000 movies and 30 thousand songs. She won the Guinness World Record for recording most songs in her career.
9. The Government of India honored her with the Daughter of the Nation award on her 90th birthday in September 2019.
10. There’s also a book written on the story of her life in music, struggles named Lata Mangeshkar: A Musical Journey.