Lata Mangeshkar is a legendary Indian singer who has recorded thousands of songs in multiple languages over her long and successful career. She is often referred to as the “Nightingale of India” and is considered one of the greatest playback singers in the history of Indian cinema. Here are five of her old songs that are sure to make your day:
1. “Tere Bina Zindagi Se” – This song, from the 1972 film “Aandhi,” features Lata Mangeshkar’s soulful voice and is set to music by RD Burman. The lyrics, written by Gulzar, capture the pain of separation and longing for a loved one.
2. “Aaja Re Pardesi” – This iconic song, from the 1957 film “Madhumati,” showcases Lata Mangeshkar’s versatility as a singer. The song, set to music by Salil Chowdhury, is a fast-paced, upbeat number that is sure to lift your spirits.
3. “Lag Ja Gale” – This song, from the 1964 film “Woh Kaun Thi?”, is a hauntingly beautiful ballad that showcases Lata Mangeshkar’s emotive vocals. The song, set to music by Madan Mohan, is a classic love song that has stood the test of time.
4. “Ajeeb Dastaan Hai Yeh” – This song, from the 1968 film “Dil Apna Aur Preet Parai,” is a heart-wrenching ballad that captures the pain of love and loss. The song, set to music by Shankar Jaikishan, features Lata Mangeshkar’s powerful vocals and is sure to tug at your heartstrings.
5. “Tum Aa Gaye Ho” – This song, from the 1975 film “Aandhi,” is a beautiful, soulful ballad that showcases Lata Mangeshkar’s emotional range as a singer. The song, set to music by RD Burman, is a classic love song that has become a fan favorite over the years.
Over the years, Lata Mangeshkar has recorded many timeless hits. Her beautiful voice and emotive singing style have made her a beloved figure in the world of Indian music and cinema. Whether you are a long-time fan of Lata Mangeshkar or are just discovering her music for the first time, these five old songs are sure to make your day.