Mirzapur is an Indian crime thriller web series on Amazon Prime Video, produced by Excel Entertainment. It revolves around drugs, guns and lawlessness. It depicts the putrescence, governance and rule of mafia dons and the rivalry and crime prevailing in the Purvanchal region of Uttar Pradesh. This show stars the likes of Pankaj Tripathi, Vikrant Massey, Divyendu, Shweta Tripathi and Ali Fazal, to name a few. This show has been very highly acclaimed by critics and people alike. The success of the show is very endearing as it kind of shows how the web series industry has slowly started getting their claws hooked into big screen actors like Pankaj Tripathi and Ali Fazal.
But, I digress. Mirzapur is a show that is known for its dialogue writing and its acting. But, let’s focus on the dialogues. Here are some of our top picks from Mirzapur’s trunk of “quotable” dialogues:
– ‘Mata ji yahan hai, Behen yaha hai, Maa-Behen ek karne mein aasani hogi’ – Munna Bhaiya
– ‘Attack me bhi gun, defense me bhi gun, hum banayenge Mirzapur ko Amirica’ – Guddu pandit
-Neta banna hai toh gundey paalo. Gundey math bano – Kaleen Bhaiya
– Darr ki yahi dikkat hain, ki kabhi bhi Khatam ho sakta hai – Kaleen bhaiya
– Guns ki maddad se darr nahi badhana hai, darr ki maddad se guns badhani hai – Guddu pandit
– “Har bar garam Thanda hi chhod dete ho. Tumhare chutiyape kab khatam honge” – Kaleen Bhaiya