Dum Aloo is an instant pot recipe that is quick and easy to cook. You can find a variety in it too, like Simple Dum Aloo, Punjabi Dum Aloo, Kashmiri Dum Aloo. Today try this easy Dhaba style Dum Aloo.
FOR ALOO PREPARATION:- 8 baby potatoes, 2 cups water, ½ tsp salt, 4 tbsp oil, 1 tsp Kashmiri chilli powder, ½ tsp turmeric.
FOR GRAVY:- 1-inch cinnamon stick, 3 cloves, 2 cardamoms, ½ thinly sliced onion, ¾ tsp ginger-garlic paste, 1 finely chopped large tomato, 10 cashews.
FOR DUM ALOO RECIPE:- 1 tsp oil, ¾ tsp jeera, 1½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¾ tsp coriander powder, salt to taste, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ¼ cup curd, 1 tsp Kasuri methi, 1 cup water, few finely chopped coriander leaves.
1. Take a deep Kadai, add oil, and cumin seeds.
2. Once they splutter, add the masala paste and fry for 5-6 minutes.
3. Now add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and salt to taste.
4. Keep frying until oil separates.
5. Turn the flame to low and add curd. Mix it well.
6. Add 1 cup of water to adjust the consistency.
7. Now, add fried aloos and cook for 20 min.
8. Finally, add some crushed Kasuri methi.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve dum aloo hot with rice, chapati, or naan.
You May Also Like To Read: