Ingredients:- ¾ Cup Black Gram (Soaked Overnight),, ¼ Red Kidney Beans (Rajma) (Soaked Overnight), 4 medium-sized tomatoes, 2 Onions, Oil, Water, Butter cubes, 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste, 2 teaspoon Kashmiri Chilli Powder, 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder, 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder, Fresh cream (optional for garnishing).
1. Pour the overnight soaked Black grams and Kidney beans into a pressure cooker, add enough water, close the lid and cook them until 5 whistles, over medium flame.
2. Roughly chop the tomatoes and grind them into a puree in the mixer and keep it aside.
3. Take a non-stick kadhai and pour 1 tablespoon of oil and then add two cubes of butter. Let it simmer.
4. Quickly add 2 chopped onions and sauté till golden brown
5. Add one teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste and keep stirring it for one minute.
6. Add the tomato puree and stir properly. Cover the kadhai and let it cook while the water evaporates for 10 minutes. Mix the masala in the kadhai at regular intervals to avoid sticking to the bottom.
7. After all, the water is evaporated and the oil starts to separate add the spices. 2 teaspoon Kashmiri Chilli Powder, 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder, 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder, 1 teaspoon Salt. Stir for a minute.
8. Now put in the pressure cooked dal into the kadhai along with the water it was cooked in. Keep stirring and add more water and salt if required.
9. Add 1 teaspoon Garam Masala Powder. Cover it and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the stove and garnish it with a cube of butter and fresh cream. Serve hot.