RAWA IDLI RECIPE-
Ingredients:- 3 tsp oil, 1 tsp mustard, ½ tsp jeera/cumin, 1 tsp Chana dal, pinch asafetida, few curry leaves, 1 finely chopped1 chili, 1 inch finely chopped ginger, 2 tbsp. grated carrot, ¼ tsp turmeric, 1 cup Rava, ¾ cup curd, 2 tbsp. finely chopped coriander, ½ tsp salt, ½ cup water, ¼ tsp fruit salt, 5 cashews.
1. Take a kadhai, heat 3 tsp oil and splutter 1 tsp mustard, ½ tsp jeera, 1 tsp Chana dal, pinch hing, and few curry leaves.
2. Add 1 chili, 1-inch ginger, and sauté everything for a minute.
3. Now, add 2 tbsp. carrot, ¼ tsp turmeric, and sauté.
4. Low the flame and add 1 cup Rava and roast well.
5. Roast everything for 5 minutes.
6. Cool Rawa and transfer to a bowl. Now, add ¾ cup curd, 2 tbsp. coriander, and ½ tsp salt.
7. Mix well until it turns into a thick batter.
8. Add ½ cup water and make a smooth batter.
9. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
10. Mix water as per requirement and make a consistent batter for idli.
11. Grease the idli plate and place some cashew.
12. Add ¼ tsp fruit salt just before steaming and also add a pinch of baking soda.
13. Immediately, pour the batter into the idli plate.
14. Steam for 15 minutes on low flame and serve immediately.