This post will teach you to make your own, special Bengali Sweet Dish, Paneer Rasamalai at home. The sweet dish is really mouth-watering. The soft and smooth texture makes one go mad for the amazing dish.
Ingredients:- 5 cups of full-fat milk, 1/2 tbsp saffron, 1 tbsp warm milk, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 tbsp cardamom powder.
For the rasgulla- 4-5 cup cow’s milk, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1 cup sugar.
For garnish- 2 tbsp pistachios, 2 tbsp almonds.
Must Read: This Diwali At The Movies
1. Boil the milk in a pan and stir in between.
2. Reduce the flame and cook for 15-20 minutes.
3. Mix the Saffron and warm milk in a bowl.
4. Add sugar and mix well for 1-2 minutes.
5. Switch off the flame, and now add cardamom powder and saffron milk mixture and mix.
6. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
7. Boil the cow milk for 5 minutes approx.
8. Turn off the flame and add lemon juice and keep stirring till the milk curdles. Separate out the paneer.
9. Take a muslin cloth and strain.
10. Place the muslin cloth with paneer in a bowl of freshwater and mash.
11. Open the cloth and knead the paneer with your palms.
12. Divide the paneer into small balls.
13. Add water and sugar to a pan and boil until the sugar dissolves completely.
14. Put the paneer balls in the pan, switch off, and let stand for 30 minutes.
15. Remove the rasgulla from sugar syrup and add into saffron milk and stir gently.
16. Refrigerate and serve chilled.