Dilip Joshi and Disha Vakani aka our very own Jethalal and Dayaben are two of the finest and most popular characters ever in the history of Indian TV and needless to say that whenever they come on-screen together, netizens simply can’t stop laughing.
Over the years, courtesy their humour quotient, TMKOC has seen some super hilarious and fun moments in many episodes that made us go LOL.
So today, we are here with top 5 funniest scenes of Jetha and Daya that will make you nostalgic again.
- Jethalal gets irritated when Daya calls him, but he answers anyway. During their conversation, Daya asks Jethalal where he is. Jethalal responds with a question, asking why Daya is asking, and says why today is “Karwa Chauth.” She replies humorously, saying that today is “Kapda Chauth.” He then tells Jethalal that they are going to a party, and he has ordered new clothes for him. Daya asks Jethalal to come early to try on the clothes and see if they fit him well.
- In one scene, Dayaben wakes up Jethalal, but he’s too lazy and wants to sleep more. He also tells Dayaben to sleep and not irritate him. However, Dayaben knows how to handle her husband. She warns Jethalal that if he doesn’t wake up and Babuji sees him sleeping, he won’t get breakfast and will instead get scolded. As she finishes speaking, Babuji enters the drawing room, searching for Dayaben. Jethalal hears Babuji’s voice and quickly gets up to go to the washroom to freshen up.
- When Jethala says about his wish of yoga to Babitaji, in return, she and all the ladies from the society organize a fitness camp. Jethalal is the laziest person who doesn’t want to get up early or exercise to impress Babitaji, he says. But when the time comes to go, he makes excuses, and when Babuji scolds him, he goes, but in half the session only, he gets tired.
- Jethalal makes excuses not to go to the shop as he is so tired from exercising. He was in full mood to stay at home, but just because of Babuji, he goes.
- While doing the exercise, the instructor focused on the belly exercise, which irked the Jethalal. By coming upstairs, he started compelling regarding the exercise.