Bored with the same fried chicken recipe? Here’s something new for you to fry your chicken.
1. Popcorn Chicken.
Ingredients:- 500 grams Boneless Chicken, Oil for Frying.
For the Marinade: 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic paste, 1 tsp Oregano dried, 1 tsp Chilli Powder, Salt to taste.
For the Coating: 3/4 cup Flour, 1/2 cup Buttermilk, 3/4 cup Breadcrumbs, Salt and Pepper to taste.
For the Spice Mix: 1/2 tsp Onion Powder, 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 1/2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli Powder, 3/4 tsp Sugar Powdered,1/2 tsp Oregano dried.
Procedure:- 1. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
2. Mix all the ingredients of marinade and marinate the chicken for about 1 hour.
3. Add the salt and pepper to the flour and breadcrumbs to season it.
4. Coat the chicken with flour, dip in buttermilk and breadcrumbs simultaneously and place them on wire rack.
5. Mix all the ingredients for spice.
6. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the chicken until golden brown.
7. Sprinkle the spices mixture on the chicken. Serve with ketchup or schezwan sauce.
2. Crispy Fried Chicken
Ingredients:- 1 1\2 chicken [cut into pieces], 2 cups buttermilk, 1 tbsp kosher salt, 2 tbsp coarse ground black pepper, 2 tbsp hot sauce [optional], 2 cups flour, 1 tsp paprika powder, oil for frying
Procedure:- 1. Take the flour and season it with paprika, salt and pepper.
2. Dip the chicken pieces in buttermilk and flour simultaneously and coat the chicken properly. Place it on a tray and cover with waxed paper.
3. Heat some oil in large skillet. Add the chicken pieces to it, heat until brown and reduce the flame and cover it, cook for 1\2 hr and now raise the flame and cook until crispy.
4. Serve hot.
3. Chicken Pakoras-
Ingredients:- 1\2 kg boneless chicken strips, 2 tbsp of besan, 2 tbsp of plain flour, chilli powder, salt to taste, 7-8 garlic cloves, 1/6 tsp white pepper powder, 1 tsp garam masala 1 tbsp of coriander powder, 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
Procedure:- 1. Marinade by mixing white pepper powder, chilli powder, garlic, salt, garam masala, coriander powder and lemon juice.
2. Allow the chicken to marinade for about an hour. Later, dip the chicken strips into the besan-flour batter and deep fry until golden brown.
3. Serve with schezwan sauce or tomato ketchup.
Also Read: Saloni Panda- The Inspiring Food Blogger