With COVID- 19 forcing people to stay indoors, this is
1) Papdi chat-
1. 15 papdis
2. 2 medium potatoes, boiled.
3. 1 large onion.
4. 1 large tomatoes.
5. 1/2 cup yoghurt beaten with 1/4 cup water, salt and sugar to taste.
6. 2 tbsp chat masala
7. ¼ cup nylon sev.
8. ¼ cup tamarind chutney.
9. ¼ cup green chutney
10. Juice of 1 lemon.
Assembling the papdi chat:
1. Peel the boiled potatoes and mash them completely. Keep them in a bowl and drizzle lemon juice over it.
2. Chop tomatoes and onions into small pieces.
3. Arrange the papdi on a large plate. Place a teaspoon of potato over each papdi. Then add a teaspoon of chopped tomatoes and onions.
4. Put 2 tsp of yoghurt on each papdi. Sprinkle a pinch of chat masala and add few tsp tamarind chutney and ½ a tsp of coriander chutney. Sprinkle sev over it and chopped coriander over it.
1. 4 Hotdogs
2. 200 gms Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
3. 1 large-sliced thinly Onion
4. 2 tbsp-Tomato puree
5. Finely chopped Cilantro
6. 1/2 tsp Ginger garlic paste
7. 1/2 tsp-Red Chilli powder (optionally can use red chilli paste -1/2 tsp)
8. 1/2 tsp Kitchen King Masala powder (you can use any masala of your choice)
9. Salt to taste
1. Let us first prepare our filling: Take a shallow pan, heat oil and add ginger garlic paste in it. Saute’ for a while and add the chopped onions and salt. When the onions become transparent add the tomato puree. Now add the chili paste/ powder, masala powder and simmer for 5 mins so that there is no sharp taste of chili. Add the cubed paneer.
Tip: Make sure to soften the paneer by microwaving it for 20 seconds. Let everything combine and once the oil separates and the filling is thick we can switch off. Add the chopped cilantro.
2. Give the hotdog a horizontal cut without cutting it fully. Steam them for 5 mins to make it extra soft. You can skip this step if your hotdogs are freshly baked.
3)Potato cheese balls recipe –
1) 1cup Potato Boiled, peeled and grated
2) 200 g Paneer Grated
3) 1/4 cup Cheddar Cheese Grated
4) 4 tbsp. Corn flour
5) 2 tbsp. Fresh coriander Chopped
6) Salt to taste
7) 1/2 tsp Garam masala powder
8) 50 g Mozzarella Cheese Cut into small cubes
9) 3 tbsp all- purpose flour
10) 1/2 cup bread crumbs
11) Oil for frying
Take a bowl and Mix potato, paneer, cheese, salt, coriander, corn flour and garam masala.
Make small balls from this mixture.
Flatten the ball and keep a cube of mozzarella cheese in the centre of the ball.
Then bring the ball together. Make all the balls in the same manner.
Take another bowl add all-purpose flour and water to make a thin paste.
Dip the cheese balls in the flour paste and then roll them in the bread crumbs.
Deep fry those cheese balls till golden brown. Remove on a plate lined with kitchen towel.
Serve the potato cheese balls hot with coriander chutney or ketchup.
4)French fries –
1) 10 large russet potatoes, peeled and rinsed
2) 2 quarts vegetable oil, can sub canola oil
Cut and Slice the potatoes into ½ inch thick sticks. Using a French fry cutter makes it much easier.
Soak the potato slices in cold water for at least 1 hr. and up to overnight. The longer, the better (as this process removes the starch which makes for extra crispy fries).
Rinse the fries twice with cold water. Lay the fries on paper towels or a clean dishcloth and pat them as dry as possible. Heat oil in a deep fryer. You’ll need to fry in about six batches, begin with a quart of oil and add more as needed. Frying too many at once makes them less crispy.
Use a slotted spoon to add the potatoes to the oil. The oil should bubble lightly, we’re only heating the potatoes, fry for about 5-6 minutes, and you don’t want them to crisp yet
Place the cooked potatoes on a paper towel-lined plate and fry the rest of the remaining batches.
Increase the heat to 400° F and fry each batch a second time until they are crisp and golden – brown, about 5 minutes or so.
Remove them and place them on dry paper towels. Sprinkle with salt or chat masala as soon as they come out.
Serve with ketchup or fry sauce and enjoy!