1) Egg noodles:
Ingredients:- 2 cake noodles, 3 eggs, 2 garlic clove, 3 green chilies, pepper powder, 1 tbsp Vinegar, olive oil, ½ cup bell pepper, 1 onion, 1 carrot julienne,1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 star anise, 1 strand mace.
Method:- 1. Cook noodles in surplus water till al dente. Drain and rinse them with cold running water. Drain in a colander and smear 1 tbsp oil to the noodles and toss.
- Break the eggs in a rinsed bowl, set it aside.
- Heat a wok with oil. Add green chilies, star anise, mace and garlic. When they crackle, add the veggies and fry till partially cooked to keep them crunchy.
- Slide the veggies aside and reduce the heat. Pour the eggs. Scramble them lightly and cook.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and vinegar. If using other sauces, add them too. Cook till they begin to bubble.
- Add the noodles, more salt and pepper powder of needed.
- Increase the flame and toss fry on high for one or two minutes. Serve egg noodles while still hot.
2) Chicken noodles:
Ingredients:- 150 gram egg noodles, 3 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp garlic clove, ½ cup onion, 3-4 green chilies, ¼ spring onion, 2 tbsp celery, ¼ cup carrot, ¼ cup capsicum, 2 eggs, 1 cup boiled chicken, 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 vinegar, 1 tbsp hot sauce, 1 tbsp green chili sauce, salt and ½ tbsp pepper.
Method:-1. Heat sesame oil in a wok.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic and fry.
- Add onion, green chilies, white part of spring onion and celery and fry for one minute.
- Add carrot, capsicum and cabbage and fry.
- Push the veggies on one side of the wok and add the eggs in the wok.
- Mix well and scramble.
- Now mix up everything.
- Add boiled chicken, soya sauce, vinegar, hot sauce, green chili sauce, and boiled noodles and toss nicely.
- Add salt to taste and black pepper powder and mix well.
- Garnish with spring onion greens.
- Serve hot.
3) Soba noodles:
Ingredient:- 8 ounces soba, ¼ cup rice vinegar, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 clove garlic (crushed), 1 tbsp grated ginger, 2 green onions, thinly sliced, 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 2 hard boiled eggs.
Method:- 1. In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles properly. Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Take a small bowl, whisk rice vinegar, soya sauce, sesame oil, sugar, garlic and ginger.
- In a large bowl, mix noodles, rice vinegar mixture, green onions, cilantro and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately, garnish with eggs.
4) Rice stick noodles:
Ingredients:- 200 gm rice stick noodles, 1 cup shredded chicken, 1 cup celery, 1 red pepper, 2 cloves garlic, 1 green onion, salt, ½ tbsp light soya sauce, 1 tbsp chilli sauce, 1 tbsp oil, sesame seed(optional).
Marinating the chicken:- 1 tbsp light soya sauce, ½ tbsp oyster sauce, ground pepper, 1 tbsp corn starch, 1 tbsp cooking oil.
Instructions:- Pre-soak the rice stick noodles with room temperature warm water for at least 2 hrs. Marinate the chicken.
To cook rice noodles:- Boil water in a deep pot, add noodles cook for 5 minutes
Method:- 1. Heat oil in stir fry pan, fry garlic and green onion while until aroma. Add chicken and fry over high fire for around 30 seconds or until the chicken is done.
- Add celery and red pepper, fry for one minute until slightly soft.
- Add noodles and other seasoning and stir fry.
- Serve with chopped green onions.
5) Shirataki noodles:
Ingredients:- 200 grams of shirataki noodles, Olive oil or butter, 85 grams of grated cheddar cheese, 1 tbsp of butter, ½ teaspoon of sea salt.
Method:- 1. Heat oven at 150°C.
- Rinse the noodles with tap water for at least two minutes.
- Transfer the noodles to a skillet and cook over medium-high heat for 5–10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the noodles are cooking, grease a 2 cup ramekin with olive oil or butter.
- Transfer the cooked noodles to the ramekin, add remaining ingredients and stir well. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.