Diwali the festival of light that unites the whole of India and lightens up the lives of Indians. This festival is indeed special and brings up lots of joy with it. To celebrate the festival you need to try these special recipes for Diwali to brighten up everyone’s mood.
1. Gulab Jamun Dessert Parfait-
Ingredients:- 12 Small Gulab Jamun, 2 Cups Plain Yogurt, 1/2 cup whipped cream, 1 tsp Saffron, 3 tbsp Milk, 3 tbsp Water, 1 tsp Honey, 1/4 Cup chopped Pistachio.
Procedure:- 1. Take 6 gulab jamuns and slice them thinly.
2. Take the remaining 6 gulab jamuns and slice them in the quarter.
3. Take a bowl, mix yogurt, and whipped cream together.
4. Take a pan, heat some milk, add saffron and give a boil to the milk, stir it, and take off the gas.
5. Cool the mixture, add honey, mix well, and keep aside.
6. Take a serving bowl, add 2 tbsp of cream and yogurt mixture.
7. Place some thinly sliced gulab jamuns over it and add a layer of yogurt mixtures.
8. Spread 1 tbsp saffron mixture over it and again add a layer of yogurt mix.
9. Place the quarter slice gulab jamuns and add saffron mix and pistachios to decorate.
2. Rice Kheer-
Ingredients:- 1/3 cup soaked basmati rice, 1litre full cream milk, 1/3 cup sugar, saffron–few strands (optional), almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios, 1 tablespoon finely chopped, 5-6 Raisins, a pinch of green cardamom powder.
Procedure:- 1. Take a deep heavy-bottomed pan and boil the milk. Lower the flame and let it simmer.
2. Take the soaked rice and break into smaller pieces. Mix the rice in the milk and mix it properly.
3. Now, add some saffron strands. Let the rice cook for about 15 minutes. Add sugar and stir properly.
4. Cook until the kheer is thickened enough. Once cooked properly, remove from heat and garnish with raisins and nuts.
5. Serve immediately.
3. Murmura Namkeen Recipe-
Ingredients:- 3 cups puffed rice, 25 gm peanut,25 gm roasted whole black gram, 1 tablespoon cooking oil, 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds, 1 pinch asafoetida, 2 sprigs curry leaves, 1 green chili finely chopped, 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon dry mango powder, salt to taste.
Procedure:- 1. Take some oil in a pan and heat it. Add peanuts to it and stir fry until turns aromatic.
2. Add mustard seed to the same oil, once the mustard seeds start spluttering, add asafoetida, curry leaves, green chilies, red chili powder, and turmeric powder. Now, add roasted black gram and fried peanuts. Add the puffed rice and mix well. Add dry mango powder and salt.
3. Switch off the gas and transfer to an airtight container.
Ingredients:- 1.5 cups maida (all-purpose flour), 1/2 cup Rava, regular sugar as required, 1 pinch salt, 3 to 3.5 tablespoon milk or as required, 2 tablespoon ghee or oil.
Procedure:- 1. Grind the sugar and mix it with flour, salt, some oil, and water and make a dough.
2. Knead the dough properly. Now warm some milk and add the milk to it and knead to a tight dough.
3. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
4. Cut into small diamond-like shaped or as desired.
5. Heat some oil and fry the biscuits.
6. Transfer to an air-tight container.
5. Sev Puri-
Ingredients:- 36 flat crisp puris or papdis, ½ cup sev, 2 to 3 medium boiled and chopped potatoes, 1 medium finely chopped onion, 1 medium finely chopped tomato, 2 to 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, ⅓ to ½ cup spicy mint coriander chutney, ⅓ to ½ cup sweet tamarind dates chutney, ¼ to ⅓ cup hot red chili chutney, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp roasted cumin powder, 1 chaat masala, 1 tsp common salt, 1 tsp lemon juice, SpicyGreen Coriander Chutney, Sweet Tamarind Dates Chutney, Red Chili Chutney.
Procedure:- 1. Keep all the ingredients lined up. Arrange all the puris.
2. Now, place the boiled potato, add chopped tomatoes and onions. Sprinkle some chaat masala and cumin powder.
3. Top green chutney, red chutney, and some sweet chutney if you want.
4. Sprinkle some sev. Sprinkle some chaat masala, cumin powder.
5. Put some lime juice and top with coriander leaves.