1. The Monsoon
Ingredients:- Crushed ice, 4 ounces unsweetened ice tea, 4 ounces tangerine vodka, 4 ounces sugar cane juice, ½ key lime juice, Mint leaves, ⅓ cup brown sugar (to rim glass).
Procedure:- 1. In a large glass pitcher, add some crushed ice, unsweetened tea, vodka, sugar cane juice, lime juice and a few mint leaves.
2. Put the brown sugar in a shallow bowl or plate. Dip the rims of 4 glasses into a shallow bowl of water, then put them into the brown sugar.
3. Pour the drink into the glasses and serve.
2. Bangbang Batata
Ingredients:- 250 gm baby potatoes, Salt, ¼ tsp sugar, ½ tsp red chili flakes, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 Tbsp semolina,1½ Tbsp ghee, 2-3 green chilies (finely chopped), 1½ Tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
Procedure:- 1. Scrub and steam the potatoes till the potatoes are tender. Cool and peel them.
2. Take a bowl and mix salt (to taste), sugar, chili flakes, turmeric powder and semolina. Coat the potatoes nicely with this mixture.
3. Heat ghee on a pan and sauté green chilies and garlic for 10 seconds. Add the spiced potatoes and cook on low heat for 6-8 minutes. Keep tossing after taking off heat when the potatoes have browned and semolina is crisp.
4. Serve hot with lime wedges.
3. Rajma Pakora
Ingredients:- 250 gm rajma, 70 gm tomatoes chopped fine, 50 gm onion chopped, 2 green chillies chopped fine, 30 gm chopped coriander leaves, Juice of half a lemon, 10 gm each of chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, 50 gm oats, 30 gm breadcrumbs, Salt to taste, Soya refined Oil for frying
Procedure:- 1. Soak rajma overnight and cook in pressure cooker.
2. Mash and add the other ingredients except oats and bread crumbs and them mix well.
3. Shape them into small balls. Roll in crumb and oats mixture.
4. Deep fry in oil till golden brown. Serve hot with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
4. Aloo And Dal Ki Tikki
Ingredients:- 500 gms mashed potatoes, boiled, 3 white bread slices, Salt and red chili to taste, Garam masala, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, ½ cup chana dal (parboiled), green chili (finely chopped), Lemon juice, Coriander.
Procedure:- 1. Crumble bread slices. Add mashed potatoes, chana dal, coriander leaves, lemon juice and chilies.
2. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, salt and few drops of oil.
3. Mix well. Shape into round flat patties and fry golden brown.
4. Serve hot.
5. Fruit Chaat Bites
Ingredients:- For the marinade:
¼ cup mustard oil, 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp malt vinegar, 1 tsp anardana powder, 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp black pepper, crushed, ¼ tsp deghi mirch, ¼ tsp cumin powder (roasted), ¼ tsp black salt, ¼ tsp garam masala, Salt to taste, ½ tsp honey, 1 pinch hing, 2 Tbsp chana dal powder (roasted)
Fruits to be used:- 2 ramphal, 1 pineapple (semi ripe), 3 guavas, 3 green apples, 2 pears
Procedure:- 1. Rub mustard oil, balsamic vinegar, malt vinegar, anaardana powder, sugar, crushed black pepper, deghi mirch and roasted cumin powder. Keep rubbing the mix for 5 minutes to make a good blend.
2. Add black salt to this blend, garam masala, salt, honey and hing. Thicken this mixture with roasted chana dal powder.
3. Cut the fruits in bite size pieces. Coat with the marinade and immediately roast in a hot oven.
4. Serve warm.