Oats are really healthy food items. Turn your boring oats into a healthy as well as lipsmacking snacks.
1. Oats Upma
Ingredients- 2 cups of oats, Turmeric, salt to taste, chopped chillies, Chopped onions, chopped carrot, green peas, chunked bell peppers, 6 to 7 Curry Leaves, Urad Dal, Oil, Mustard Seeds, Lemon, Grated coconut, Coriander.
Procedure:-1. Take a pan and heat 2 tbsp of oil in it, add oats to the pan, turmeric, salt to taste and also add green chillies. Roast it together for 5 minutes until the oats are light brown. Now, add some water to the oats and cover them and let them cook till they turn soft.
2. Take another pan, add 1 tbsp oil and mustard seeds. Once the seeds start crackle, add the urad dal and roast till the dal turns slightly brown. Now, add some curry leaves, turmeric, salt and onions to the pan and sauté till the onions turn translucent. Add chopped carrots and peas and cook them for about a minute till the carrots turn slightly soft. Add salt to taste, top with bell peppers and once the oats are cooked enough, add the prepared vegetable mixture to the oats and cook.
3. Once the oats upma are ready, garnish the oats with grated coconut, finely chopped coriander and squeeze the lemon juice on top.
2. Oats Idli
Ingredients:- Roasted and crushed Oats, Grated carrots, Salt, Curd, some oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves, chana dal, urad dal, green chillies.
Procedure:- 1. Take roasted and crushed oats. Put some grated carrot along with salt and curd to the oats.
2. Take a frying pan, heat some oil and garg the mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, curry leaves and green chillies. Add this mixture in the idli batter. Mix the batter well and make it of thick consistency.
3. Grease the idli with oil pan and steam the idlis till they are cooked. Enjoy with coconut chutney and sambar.
3. Oats Kheer
Ingredients:- 1 Cup Oats, 1/2 Litre Milk, Some Dry fruits, Sugar, Fruits
Procedure:-1. Roast the oats well in a pan.
2. Take another pan and heat milk and add sugar to it. When the milk is warm, put the oats mixture and stir for 2-3 minutes.
3. Once the mixture becomes thick, add dry fruits like almonds, cashews, dates and cardamom to the mixture. Stir it well.
4. Serve hot.
4. Oats Bhurji.
Ingredients:- 4-5 tbsp oats, 2 eggs and 4 egg whites, Oil, 1 chopped onion, Green chillies, Tomatoes (optional), Salt.
Procedure:- 1. Take a big bowl, whisk eggs, oats, vegetables, green chillies and salt all together. Take a pan and heat oil, Now add the egg mixture to the pan.
2. Let it cook for some time. After it is cooked, scramble and cook for some more time on medium flame until it turns dry. Turn off the flame and garnish with coriander on top.
Ingredients:- 1 cup of oats, 1 1/2 cups fresh curd, Green chillies, Salt, Grated cucumber, Finely chopped onion
Procedure:1. Take a bowl, mix oats, curd, chopped green chillies, salt, grated cucumber and onion all together. Mix all the ingredients well.
2. Keep it aside and let rest for 10 minutes until the water from the curd is absorbed by the oats and it turns a little soft. You can add some curd according to your taste. Keep the oats mixture in the refrigerator for some time and serve.