Try these Sugar-Free dessert recipes for diabetic patients.
1. Two-in-one Phirni
Ingredients:- 4 Cups skimmed milk, 4 gms rice (soaked in hot water for 30 minutes), 5 crushed chhoti elaichi (seeds only), 6/4 cup artificial sweetener, 7 tbsp pista (ground to paste), blanched to taste green colour, ¼ tsp rose essence, 10 almonds (shredded), blanched, silver leaf (optional).
Procedure: 1. Drain the rice and put it in a blender, with a little milk and blend fine.
2. Boil the milk, in a heavy- bottomed saucepan. Add the ground rice and boil again.
3. Lower the heat and simmer, keep stirring, till the whole thing is blended.
4. Takes about 20-25 minutes (to test, you can drop a spoon full, let it cool and check to see if it sets).
5. Put off the heat, and add the cardamom and sweetener.
6. Divide the phirni into two and add the pista paste to one portion and the rose essence to the other half.
7. Pour the white phirni into the serving bowl and refrigerate to set, leave the other half at room temperature.
8. When the white portion is set, pour the green portion over it, cover with the silver leaf, garnish with the almonds and refrigerate it to set. Serve chilled.
2. Sugar free cake
Ingredients:- 2 cups raisins, 3 cups water, 2 eggs, 3 tablespoons liquid sweetener, ¾ cup of vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 1 tbsp baking soda, ½ tbsp salt,1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg, 2 cups all-purpose flour.
Procedure:- 1. Preheat oven to 175° C. Grease and flour a 10 inch pan.
2. Combine raisins and water in a saucepan and cook until the water is absorbed and let it cool.
3. Add eggs, vegetable oil, apple sauce, vanilla essence and liquid sweetener. Mix all the ingredients well. Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ground nutmeg all together in egg mixture. Stir a little. Add raisins and chopped nuts. Pour the batter into tube pan.
4. Put it in oven and bake it at175°C for one hour.
3. Yoghurt and Cool Whip Pie
Ingredient:- 8 ounces Cool Whip, 18 ounces yoghurt, 1 graham cracker crust.
Procedure:- 1. In a mixing bowl, thoroughly mix the Cool Whip and yoghurt until smooth.
2. Add cool whip. Add the yoghurt and cool whip mixture in the pie crust freeze it until its firm, for about two hours.
3. Pour cool whip mixture into pie. Remove the pie from the freezer for about 20 minutes before serving.
4. Serve your pie with fresh fruit. Cover and refrigerate any leftover pie.
4. Fig Mousse
Ingredients:- 250 gms dried figs (soak them in water for 2-3 hours), 8 gms china grass, ½ tsp cinnamon powder, ¼ cup skimmed milk powder, for garnishing chopped walnuts.
Procedure:-1. Place the figs in a pan with the china grass and cook till fig is tender and the china grass has dissolved. Adjust water and make sure there is enough water to cover the figs after it is cooked through.
2. Take the pan off the heat, mix cinnamon and leave to cool.
3. When cool enough, add the milk powder and blend it and transfer into the serving dish.
4. Garnish with the walnuts and refrigerate till set. Serve chilled.
5. Khaas Malpoi
Ingredients:- 100 gms carrot, 20 ml ghee, 1-litre milk, 30 ml milkmaid, 10 gms Pista flakes, 5 gms aniseed, 20 gms mawa, 10 gms cardamom powder, 20 gms refined flour, 10 gms almond, 20 ml sugar-free saffron rabdi.
Procedure:- 1. Cook carrot halwa in same way as you cook.
2. Make crepes with milk, flour, mawa, aniseed and cardamom powder.
3. Stuff carrot halwa in crepes and serve on layer of rabdi.
4. Garnish with some pista and almonds.
Also Read: 4 Quick And Easy Kid-Friendly Dinner Recipes