1. SABUDANA VADA RECIPE:
INGREDIENTS- 1 cup Sabudana, 1/2 Cup Peanuts, roasted and coarsely ground, 2 Green Chillies, finely diced, 2 TspLemon Juice, Oil for Frying, 1/2 Tsp Coriander Powder, 1/2 Tbsp Cumin Powder, 2 Potatoes boiled and squashed, Salt to taste, 1/2 Tbsp Cumin Seeds, 1/2 Tbsp Red Chilli Powder.
1. Absorb 1 cup of Sabudana in water overnight or for 6-7 hours. When they have become fluffy, remove all the water using a colander.
2. Steam the potatoes, then peel them and squash them. Put into a large mixing bowl along with the sabudana.
3. Take 1/2 cup of peanuts and then Toast and coarsely grind. Amplify these to the mixture as well.
4. Now Put in Cumin Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, and Salt.
5. Also put in 1-2 finely diced green chilies, 2 Tsp lemon juice, and 1/2 tbsp Cumin Seeds.
6. Now Blend all the ingredients nicely.
7. Split up them into small equal lemon sized parts and mold them into round flat patties.
8. Fry or you can also deep fry the patties in medium hot oil till they turn into golden brown in colour. Keep the flame on medium heat, otherwise, the vadas will not get cooked appropriately from the inner side. Rinse the extra oil on an absorbent paper.
Sabudana Vadas are ready to serve. Serve them hot with tamarind chutney or tomato ketchup.
2. THE SABUDANA KHICHDI.
INGREDIENTS- 1 cup sabudana (sago)washed and purified, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tbsp oil, salt to taste, 2 tsp lemon juice, 2 tsp finely diced green chilies, 1/2 cup roasted coarsely powdered peanuts, 2 tsp sugar, 3/4 cup peeled and boiled potato, 2 tbsp finely minced coriander, 6-7 curry leaves.
1. To prepare the sabudana khichdi, mix the sabudana and ¾ cup of water in a deep container, mix it well and keep aside to moisten for 4-5 hours.
2. Boil the oil in a deep nonstick pan and put in the cumin seeds.
3. When the seeds crackle, put in the sago, potatoes, salt, lemon juice, green chilies, peanuts, coriander, curry leaves, and a little bit of sugar, combine it well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes. Your sabudana khichdi is ready to serve. Serve the sabudana khichdi.