Chicken Tikka Biryani is one of the most popular fusions.
CHICKEN TIKKA:- 600 g chicken breast, 410 mL natural yogurt, 1 tbsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 2 tbsp tikka masala sauce, 1 tbsp red chili powder, ½ tbsp turmeric powder, 1 tbsp salt
CURRY:- 2 tablespoons oil, 1 finely chopped onion, 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp cumin seed, 2 black peppercorns, 2 cloves, 1 tsp red chili powder, ½ tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp salt, 2 finely chopped tomatoes, 100 mL natural yogurt, 100 mL water.
RICE:- 400 mL water, 300 g basmati rice, soaked for at least 20 minutes, 1 bay leaf, ½ tsp cumin seed.
BIRYANI ASSEMBLY:- 200 g caramelized onion, 20 g finely chopped fresh coriander, 1 tbsp oil, 200 mL saffron-infused water.
Method:- 1. Preheat the oven to 220˚C.
2. Combine the Chicken Tikka ingredients and marinade and keep it in the refrigerator for an hour.
3. Pierce the marinated chicken pieces on bamboo skewers and place them over a baking tray lined with baking parchment paper.
4. Keep the chicken tikka marinade for later use.
5. Cook the chicken skewers for about 15-20 minutes.
6. Take a large pot, heat some oil, and saute the onion and herbs and spices until they turn light brown.
7. Now, add the chopped tomatoes and fry until soft.
8. Add yogurt, water, and reserved tikka marinade and mix well.
9. Bring a boil to the mixture and add the chicken and cook for another 5-10 minutes. Let it set aside.
10. Take a pot to assemble your Biryani into it: ⅓ rice, ½ chicken curry, ½ caramelized onion, ½ coriander, ⅓ rice, oil, ½ of the saffron-infused water, ½ chicken curry, ⅓ rice, the remaining of the saffron-infused water, ½ caramelized onion, and top with some chopped coriander.
11. Simmer the Biryani over a low flame for about 10 minutes.
Also Read: How to Make Mutton Biryani in Instant Pot