KALA GULAB JAMUN:
Ingredients: 3/4 cup Khoya, 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese, 3 1/2 tablespoons Refined flour, 3 1/2 tablespoons corn starch, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, 1/4 teaspoon Green cardamom powder, Ghee to deep fry, silverware as required.
Procedure: 1. Grate the khoya and cottage cheese separately, and later mix well. Add refined flour and corn starch, and knead it well till smooth. Divide into small equal portions.
2. Take a small portion onto palm and roll into a small ball. Make sure there are no cracks.
3. Take 1 1/4 cup of water, add sugar, and bring a boil to it. Collect the scum that rises and discard it.
4. Add the cardamom powder and simmer until the syrup turns golden brown.
5. Heat some ghee in a pan, transfer some khoya balls to it. Put the flame off and place it on the worktop and keep stirring from all sides. Rotate gently till the balls float up.
6. Place the pan back on the heat and fry until dark brown.
7. Drain them and now dip the khoya balls into the syrup. Let them soak for 15-20 minutes. Decorate with silver foil before serving.