To Make McDonald’s French Fries
Brine:- 8 cups cold water, ½ cup corn syrup, 3 tablespoon salt.
Fries:- 6 large potatoes, 1 quart vegetable oil, ½ cup vegetable shortening, salt.
- Combine the brine ingredients and set aside.
- Peel and rinse that potatoes.
- Slice them into strings just under 1/2 inch.
- Make sure the potatoes are completely submerged in the cold brine. Add some cold water.
- Cover it and place it in the fridge for overnight.
- Drain and rinse them with the cold water. Dry them completely by patting them.
- Preheat oil to 300 degrees.
- Make batches and fry them one by one for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable oil to it. Now increase the heat to 400 degree. Fry until Golden brown.
- Remove and place on paper towels. Season with salt right away and serve.