Pressure Cooking Saag:
150 grams cleaned chana saag, 1 pinch asafoetida (hing), 1 tbsp diced garlic, 1 teaspoon diced ginger, 1 medium tomato parted, 1 green chili, 2 tbsp moong dal peeled & divide mung lentils, salt as required, water
Seasoning Chane Ka Saag:
1 dry red chili seeds removed and broken, ½ tbsp cumin seeds, 2 tbsp mustard oil, 1 pinch asafoetida (hing), 1 medium onion, finely diced.
1. Grab the tender stems from the saag. Prevent the dense stems or hard. Gather the stem in a pan or large container.
2. Now put in water and let the chane ka saag be absorbed for 3-4 minutes. Later when the dirt is strained drain the water and clean the saag 3-5 times with clean water.
3. Drain all the water and then approximately chop the saag.
Pressure Cooking Chane Ka Saag.
4. Take the chopped saag. Take a 3-liter pressure cooker, Then Add, ½ cup water, 2 tbsp washed moong dal, 1 medium tomato parted, salt as required, 1 green chili, 1 tbsp diced garlic, 1 tbsp diced ginger, 1 pinch asafoetida. Let Pressure cook for 9-10 minutes or take 5-6 whistles.
5. When the pressure cools off on its own, open the top. Let it be open so that the saag mix becomes cool or warm down.
6. When the saag mix has become warm or cooled down, take it in a mixer grinder jar. Blend to a smooth viscosity. Keep the saag aside. Tempering Chane Ka Saag.
7. Cook 2 tbsp mustard oil in a kadhai or pan. Put in ½ tsp cumin seeds.
8. Keep the cumin seeds to crackle. Then put in 1 dry red chili(seeds removed and broken) and add 1 pinch asafoetida. Mix till the red chilies change its color.
9. Now, put in ⅓ cup finely sliced onions. Stir onions till they turn golden or light brown. Then put the saag init.
10. Mix it very well and simmer chane ka saag for 4-5 minutes or till it becomes hot and flavourful. While simmering do mix it frequently. After some time switch off the flame.
11. Your Chane Ka Saag is ready.
Also Read: 3 Instant Recipes From Leftover Roti