The coronavirus pandemic and subsequent lockdowns have made all of us sit at home, restricted to home-cooked food, and a small commute from our bedrooms to our living rooms.
You may be craving for desserts during this lockdown, but making one requires a lot of ingredients. Here is how you can make a chocolate cake with very few ingredients. The only thing better than a sweet, sugary, rich dessert is one that is super easy and quick to make from scratch.
Ingredients:- 1 packet of chocolate biscuits, 2 cups milk, 1tablespoon oil/butter, chocolate chips, 1 cup melted chocolate.
1. Put the chocolate biscuits in a plastic bag, and use a rolling pin to beat it and mash into a powder. Alternatively, you can use a grinder to grind them into a powder.
2. Transfer the cake powder into a mixing bowl. Add little milk at a time, and use the cut & fold method to mix it in, removing any lumps.
3. After a ribbon-like consistency obtained, stop adding the milk. About 1 and ½ cup of milk should be enough or a small pack of biscuits powder.
4. Add chocolate chips into the batter and mix.
5. Take a baking mould, grease it with oil or butter.
6. Add the batter into the mould. To bake, you can use a microwave or an oven. You can alternatively also bake the cake in a pressure cooker. Place the mould in the microwave. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
7. Once the cake looks ready, use a knife or toothpick to check if it is done. It the knife comes out clean, the cake is ready. Let it cool.
8. Use a microwave-safe bowl and add chocolate pieces into it. Microwave it for 30 seconds. When it starts to melt, add a little milk ate time and mix thoroughly. Use 2-3 tablespoons of milk.
9. Remove cake from the mould. Apply the melted chocolate on top, and add fruits, chocolate chips, nuts, etc to garnish.
Your yummy and delicious chocolate cake is ready within minutes. Make your boring day into a happy day with this mouth-watering chocolate cake.