Paneer is very easy to make at home. Most of the stores have paneer which contains at least citric acid and additives which are not good for health. We can make paneer at home only by using lemon juice or curd.
Nonetheless is best to make paneer at home it’s more hygienic and fresh as well.
Ingredients: 2 ltr. full cream milk, 2tbsp water, 2tbsp lemon juice.
1. Take the milk out in the container and keep it for cooking. Give rise to milk on medium heat. If you are using cold milk, it’s a good idea to boil on a low flame till the milk becomes calm. Then boil on medium heat. Do not give rise to very cold milk on high flame it can give an odd smell to paneer.
2. When the milk comes to a boil, start stirring continuously to prevent from burning and forming cream/malai on the tip.
3. After the milk has steamed, take it down the milk from the gas, let the milk chill slightly.
4. Take a little amount of lemon juice in a bowl and put in an equal proportion of water in it.
5. After resisting the milk for a minute, sprinkle a little bit lemon juice and fuss with a spoon.
6. The milk should start up to curdle. If the milk has not still started up to curdle than add one more additional tbsp of lemon juice. The milk should entirely curdle. Swirl the milk when its curdling so that the curdled milk does not attach to the base of the pan.
7. Soon in a muslin material, cotton kitchen napkin, cloth, or thin handkerchief trough the curdled milk. Hold a bowl or pan beneath the cheesecloth. The gathered whey(the watery part of milk that is separated from the curd in the making of paneer) can be amplified to chapatis or rice or veggies.
8. Wash out off the curdled milk with fresh water to dispose of sourness from lemon juice.
9. Gather the handkerchief, cloth, and dip the paneer in whey for 3-5 times. By performing this trick paneer will not stick to the cloth.
10. Now take freshwater and then likewise dip the paneer in water 3-5 times to extract sourness from lemon juice and also whey will be discarded entirely.
11. Squeeze off the water wholly. Keep in mind, Do not over squeeze as the moisture in paneer will be lost.
12. keep the cloth with the curdled milk on the plate or board. Keep a heavyweight on the crown for 20-25 mins to set. If you have a stone mortar you can also use that.
13. After 2-3 hours the paneer will be ready. Open the handkerchief, cloth, or muslin. You will see a block of Paneer/cottage cheese all bunched.
14. Cut into cubes or desired shape. Your homemade paneer/cottage cheese is ready to make any paneer recipes.
Also Read: Tips To Cook Yummy Mutter Paneer At Home