Palak and Methi are superfoods with a high amount of nutrients. These leafy vegetables are also important for hair skin and bone health. Today let us try some amazing recipes with these super healthy vegetables.
1. Paneer Methi Palak-
10 oz paneer cut into 1″ cubes, 2 cloves garlic minced, 5 cups chopped spinach, 1 tsp grated ginger, 2 tbsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 3 Thai green chilies chopped and crushed to a coarse paste, ½ red onion chopped, ½ tsp red chili powder, ¼ tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, ½ cup dried fenugreek leaves or Kasuri methi, 1 tsp garam masala, about 16-18 cubes, salt to taste, ½ lime squeezed.
1. Boil the spinach in hot water.
2. Add spinach leaves along with green chilies, ginger, and garlic and puree them.keep it aside.
3. Heat the oil in a Kadai and add cumin seeds in it. Once they start to splutter add chopped onions and saute them. Once they soften (don’t ait for them to brown), add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and salt to taste.
4. Now add the puree in Kadai and mix the Kasuri methi and paneer. Let it get smolder for a few minutes.
5. Sprinkle garam masala on the top and squeeze the lime.
6. The paneer methi palak is ready to serve hot.
2. Moong Dal Methi Sabzi.
2 bunches Methi, 1/3 cup Yellow moong dal, 1/4 tbsp Asafoetida (hing), 1tbsp Ginger, 1tbsp Chopped garlic, 1/2 cup Sliced onion, 1 Green chili, 1/2tbsp Turmeric powder, 1tbsp Coriander powder, 2 tbsp Salt to taste, 1 tbsp Lemon juice
1. Rinse the methi leaves thoroughly in water, drain the water from methi, and keep aside.
2. Soak the yellow moong dal in water for 10 to15 minutes.
3. Heat a pan and add oil to it.
4. Once the oil is hot add asafoetida(hing), chopped garlic, chopped ginger and sliced green chili.
5. Add finely sliced onions in the oil and saute them for 1 minute until they become soft.
6. Drain the water from soaked moong dal and add moong dal in the pan.
7. Let the moong dal cooked along with the onions for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Add turmeric and coriander powder to it. Now put in methi leaves and mix it well.
9. Once the methi starts to condense/shrink add salt to taste and squeeze lemon on it.
10. Stir it well and let it get cooked with open lid for another 2 minutes.
11. Now our moong dal methi sabzi is ready to sever.