Jalebi is an Indian Sweet popular over the Asian countries. Jalebi is made up of maida batter and deep fried and soaked in sugar syrup. Jalebis are seen to be more interesting due to its shape. It can be served hot as well as on room temperature. Jalebis can be served with Rabdi, as this adds more sweetness to the dish.
FOR JALEBI BATTER:
1 cup maida, 1 1\2 tsp corn flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp vinegar, 1 1\2 tsp yogurt, water as required, 1 tsp turmeric powder [optional]
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
1\6 cup water, 1 1\2 cup sugar, 1\8 tsp saffron strands, 1 tsp cardamom powder
2 tbsp ghee, oil for deep frying
- Take a mixing bowl and mix maida, cornflour and curd.
- Now, add vinegar and water. Mix well for 5 minutes.
- Add baking soda and mix gently.
- Pour the batter in bottle.
- Heat oil for deep frying and add ghee to it.
- Squeeze the bottle and make round spirals.
- Keep turning it on both the side, so that the jalebis are cooked from both the sides. Fry until the jalebis are golden brown.
- Add the jalebis in warm sugar syrup for 30-40 seconds.
- Serve the jalebis warm or at room temperature.