Have a perfect monsoon in Mumbaikar Style with these recipes of Kanda Bhaji and Garam Chai
1. Kanda Bhaji- Ingredients:- 2 cups thinly sliced onions, 1¼ cups besan, 1½ tbsp coarsely crushed whole coriander seeds, 2 tsp finely chopped green chillies, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp chilli powder, ¼ cup finely chopped coriander, salt to taste, oil for deep-frying.
Procedure:- 1. To make kanda bhaji, Add 2 tbsp water and mix all ingredients.
2. Heat oil in a pan and put spoonfuls of onion mixture and let deep fry until golden brown.
3. Serve kanda bhaji immediately.
2. Garam Chai- Ingredients:- 2 cup of Water, 1 cup of Milk, 2 tsp of Black tea, 1 tsp of grated Ginger, 5-6 Tulsi leaves
Procedure:-1. Take a pan, boil the water and milk together. Add grated ginger.
2. When milk and water starts boiling, add the tea leaves.
3. Boil on low heat for around 2-3 minutes. Add tulsi leaves and stir.
4. Continue boiling on low flame till the colour starts changing and the consistency becomes a little less watery.
5. Strain the tea and serve hot.