What is your favourite street style food, Papdi Chaat, Paani Puri, Vada pav or Pav Bhaaji? If it’s Pav Bhaaji, the one with Mumbai style or Kolhapuri style, which one would you prefer. Mumbai Pav Bhaaji is something that comes with a twist of the Mumbai Magic and Kolhapuri Pav Bhaaji, a twist of spice from Kolhapur. Both types are perfect matches for each other.
1. Mumbai Pav Bhaaji-
4 tbsp butter, 2 tbsp Oil, 1/2 Cup Green Peas, 1/2 Cup chopped Tomato,1/2 Cup chopped Red Onion,1/2 cup chopped Green Bell Pepper,1 mashed Potato,1 tsp Kasoori Methi, 3 tsp Ginger-garlic paste, 2 tsp Pav Bhaji Masala, 1 tsp Coriander Powder, Salt as per taste, 1 tsp Sugar, A pinch Red Food grade Color, Water as per need.
To Serve: 4 Pav, A dollop of Butter, 2 Sprigs chopped Cilantro, Finely chopped Onion
1. In a Tava Griddle, add the 2 tbsp of butter and oil together.
2. When hot, add the vegetables one after another.
3. Add ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder,kasoori methi, pav bhaji masala, sugar, and salt.
4. Mix well.
5. Take a vegetable masher, mash the vegetables until they combine well.
6. Now add a pinch of red food color and mash further.
7. Add little water till you get the desired consistency.
8. Serve pav bhaji with chopped onion, chopped cilantro, and a dollop of butter.
9. Slit the Pav, add butter and cilantro on Tava Griddle when hot, coat the Pav with butter and serve immediately.
2. Kolhapuri Pav Bhaji-
Ingredients- 1/2 cup Diced Carrot, 1/2 cup Diced Capsicum, 1 cup Diced Potato, 1 cup cauliflower florets, 1/2 cup Green Peas optional, 1 Big Onion finely chopped, 2-3 Big Tomatoes finely chopped, 2 Chopped Green Chili, 2-3 tbsp Chopped Coriander Leaves, 1/2 tsp Grated Ginger, 2-3 tbsp butter.
Seasoning: 2 tbsp Pav Bhaji Masala, salt to taste, 2 tbsp Kolhapuri Lehsun Chutney.
1. Put all the vegetables together in a pressure cooker and take 3-4 whistles, until the vegetables are cooked properly. Strain the water and keep aside. Let the vegetables cool.
2. Heat some oil in a wok, add crushed ginger and sauté until it turns golden. Add onions to it and fry.
3. Now, add Pav Bhaaji masala and tomatoes and fry till the butter starts leaving the sides. Wash all the veggies.
4. Add veggies to the wok. Mix everything well until it turns aromatic.
5. Thicken the Bhaaji while cooking, add some water, and let cook.
6. Add Kolhapuri Lehsun Chutney and salt as per taste. Let the Bhaaji cook.
7. Turn off the flame and add some butter. Garnish with coriander and butter roasted pav with chopped onions with a dash of lemon.