1. Aloo Makhana:-
Ingredients- 300 grams potatoes peeled boiled and chopped, 1 green chili chopped, ½ tbsp oil or ghee, 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves, salt as required, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1.5 cups makhana, 1 tsp roasted anardana crushed to a powder in a mortar pestle or 1 teaspoon dry pomegranate powder.
1. Earlier boil the potatoes in a pressure cooker or steamer. When they become warm or chill down, peel and chop them.
2. Heat a pan and put in 1.5 cups Phool makhana.
3. On a low heat, stir and roast the makhana till they become crunchy.
4. Eliminate the roasted makhana and keep it aside.
5. Warmth 1/2 tbsp peanut oil or ghee in a pan.
6. Put in the chopped potatoes. Then add cumin powder, 1 tsp roasted anardana powder or crushed anardana, and rock salt. You can also add dry mango powder, instead of anardana powder.
7. Combine the spices with the rest of the potatoes.
8. On a low to medium heat, stir the potatoes until they start to turn into light golden or golden in colour.
9. Switch off the heat. Put in the roasted makhana. Don’t stit the makhana as then they become chewy.
10. Add 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves or coriander leaves.
1. Give a quick move and serve instantly.
2. Plantain stir fry-
2 Kachha Kela, 1 tsp Red Chili Powder, 2 crushed Garlic Pods, 2 tsp Oil, 1 sprig Curry Leaves, 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds, 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds, 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder, Salt to taste.
1. Peel, wash, and chop plantain and boil in water on high heat for 6 minutes or unless cooked and not overcooked.
2. Use a strainer to drain the water from cooked plantain and let it sit for 3 minutes for all the water to exit. Add chili, salt, and coriander powders to plantain pieces and mix gently.
3. In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds, cumin, and allow them to crush. Add curry leaves, crushed garlic, and stit until they turn golden brown.
4. Add spice mixed plantain pieces, stir gently and cook for 4-5 minutes in an open fire on the medium blaze, stir in duration.
5. Serve with roti, paratha, or dal sambar rice.
3. Bottlegourd Lauki Raita-
1 Cup Grated Bottle Gourd/Lauki, Salt To Taste, 1 tsp Cumin Powder, 2 Cups Beaten Curd/Yogurt, 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder, 1 tbsp Chopped Hara Dhaniya
1. Wash, peel, de-seed, and grated bottle gourd.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl add grated bottle gourd, salt, and 2 tbsp water. Microwave 2 minutes on high or cook in stovetop without water until soft. If your bottle gourd doesn’t become soft in 2 minutes then microwave for another minute or so.
3. Remove bowl from microwave and add beaten curd/dahi, red chili powder, cumin seeds powder and mix well.
4. Chill and server with red chili powder, cumin powder, cilantro garnish.