Nothing like tasty food. This winter let’s treat ourselves with yummy chicken dumplings.
Ingredients required are:- 1/2 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp freshly ground pepper, 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided, 1 broiler chicken about 3 pounds, cut up, 2 tbsp canola oil, 1 chopped large onion, 2 chopped medium carrots, 2 chopped celery ribs, 6 cups chicken stock, 3 minced garlic cloves, 1/2 cup white wine or apple cider, 2 tbsp sugar, 2 bay leaves, 5 whole peppercorns.
DUMPLINGS:- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tbsp baking powder, 2/3 cup milk, 3/4 tbsp salt, 1 tbsp butter, melted.
SOUP:- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 2 tbsp minced fresh parsley, 2 tbsp minced fresh thyme, Additional salt, and pepper to taste
1. Take a light bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, pepper, and salt.
2. Add on chicken and roll to coat; shake it off excess. In a deep fryer, heat oil over medium flame.
3. Let it turn into Brown chicken in batches on all sides; after that remove from the pan.
4. Add onion, carrots, and celery to the same pan; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion is tender.
5. Put in garlic cook and stir 1/2 min. More.
6. Mix in 1/4 cup flour until combined. Slowly add the stock, stirring constantly. 7. Mix in wine, bay leaves, sugar, and peppercorns.
8. Put back the chicken to pan; bring it to a boil.
9. Lower heat; boil, wrapped, 20-25 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
10. To make dumplings, take a bowl, salt, whisk flour and baking powder.
11. Take another bowl, whisk milk, and melted butter until mixed. Mix in the flour mixture; mix just until soaked do not over mix it.
12. Dip by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet; let it set aside.
13. Remove chicken from stockpot; cool slightly.
14. Remove bay leaves and skim fat from soup.
15. Peel off skin and bones from chicken.
16. shred meat into small pieces; come back to the soup.
17. Cook and keep it covered, on high flame until the mixture comes to be a simmer.
18. Pour dumplings on tip of simmering soup, casually at a time.
19. Lessen heat to lower flame; cook and cover it 15-19 mins or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of dumplings and comes out clean, do not lift cover while simmering.
20. Gently stir in cream, parsley, and thyme. Add flavour with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Also Read: Veg Momos Recipe You Can Try At Home