Pulao is comfort food at its best and can be cooked quickly, easily and which is satisfying. This dish made with vegetables has spices and herbs in it, giving it a mild aromatic flavor.
This dish is also vegetarian and is great on its own or paired with raita, pickle and roasted papad.
1. 3 cups Basmati rice –soaked in water for 30 mins.
2. 6 cups of water(double the rice).
3. 1/4 cup cauliflower florets.
4. 2 small tomatoes.
5. 2 green chilies – slit at the end.
6. 1/4 cup chopped carrot.
7. 1/4 cup chopped baby corn.
8. 1/4 cup chopped potatoes.
9. 1/4 cup fresh green peas.
10. 1/2 tbsp ginger – garlic paste.
11. 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
12. 1/2 tsp red chili powder.
13. 1/4 cup mint leaves.
14. 1tbsp lemon juice.
15. 4 cloves.
16. 1/2 cinnamon stick.
17. 2 mace.
18. 1/4 tsp black cumin seeds.
19. 1tbsp chopped coriander.
20. salt to taste.
Step 1:- Cook all the vegetables in water for 10 mins. Now remove from the heat and drain the water.
Step 2:- Heat 2 tbsp. oil in a pressure cooker. Add the cloves, cinnamon, mace and black cumin seeds. Saute a while.
Step 3:- Now add chopped tomatoes and keep cooking for a while. Add ginger – garlic paste and mint leaves. Cook for 2 mins.
Step 4:- Add priory cooked vegetables, turmeric powder and red chili powder. Saute a while. Add 6 cup water and mix all.
Step 5:- Add 3 cups of rice, lemon juice and salt according to taste. Mix well and then close the lid. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. Remove from the heat.
Step 6:- Let it rest for 10-15 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve with onion raita ,any gravy, pickle or papad.