Delicious Surmai Curry with Prawns Biryani Recipe: SUNDAY SPECIAL
1) Surmai curry
Surmai fish 500 gms, 8-10 dry red chilli, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 2 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tomato, 1 onion, 5-7 garlic, ginger-garlic paste, curry leaves, 1 cup grated coconut, salt to taste, 4 tsp oil, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp mustard seeds,
Preheat a pan and add 1tsp oil, dry red chilli and fry them. Then add coriander seeds and cumin seeds and fry.
Take a mixer jar and put fried masala into it allow it to cool.
Put in 1 tsp oil and onion in the same pan fry till onion becomes translucent then add grated coconut fry until it turns into Golden Brown and aromatic, allow it to cool for a while.
Now put it in the same mixture jar, then add 1 cup water and grind it into fine masala paste. Now the masala paste is ready keeps it aside.
Heat a pan put 2 tsp oil, garlic, mustard seeds, stir it well until it becomes Golden Brown. Then add curry leaves, tomato, ginger garlic paste and stir it well until the tomato turns mushy and soft.
Add the masala paste into it. Adjust the consistency, then add turmeric powder, salt to taste and mix it well, then cover the pan and let it boil.
Now put surmai fish in the boiling gravy, mix it gently and cook for more 10 minutes on medium flame.
Your surmai fish curry is ready. Ready to serve!!
2) Prawn Biryani step by step.
Prawns, Turmeric powder, Chilly powder, Salt to taste, Garam masala, Biryani marinate mix(masala powder), Basmati rice, Bay leaf, 4 green cardamoms, 1/2 shahi Jira, Oil, Claves, Star anise, Cinnamon, Sliced onion, Tomato, Mint leaves, Coriander leaves, Coconut milk, Lemon wages and onion for garnishing.
1. Drain the water completely from prawns. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt
and garam masala.
2. Marinate and Rub them gently for while with the marinade. keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Wash and soak rice for 30 mins drain off completely. Bring 3 to 4 cups to a boil with salt, bay leaf, and 4 green cardamoms, 1/2 shahi jeera. Add rice to the pot and cook until fully done.
4. Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf, cloves, shahi jeera, star anise, cardamom, and cinnamon. (the shrimp needs more oil than the others nonveg biryani recipe since prawns do not have fats when cooked)
5. When ingredients being to clutter. Add sliced onion fry until golden brown(Brown onion lends a good flavour).
6. Add chopped tomato, Mint and coriander leaves. cook until tomato gets soft and mushy.
7. Next add turmeric, red chilli powder, biryani masala powder. I also add some coriander powder.
8. Cook until the oil beings to separate.
9. Add marinated prawns.
10. let the flame remain low pour slightly thick coconut milk and stir.
11. Cook until the gravy thickness and prawns are cooked through. Prawns take 3 minutes to cook. Off the gas when the colour of gravy is dark due to brown onion.
12. Grease the pot with oil put rice in that layer half of the rice and next layer the gravy.
13. Add back the rice to the top of gravy and add coriander and mint leaves.
14. Cover the pot with foil and keep Tawa on gas put the biryani pot on Tawa lighten the gas on slow for the dum process this is a slow cooking process for 15 to 20 minutes on a very slow flame.
15. After 15 minutes open the foil and rest the biryani for 15 minutes after the dum.
Your biryani is ready to serve garnish with onions and lemon wedges.
Also Read: How to Make Mutton Biryani in Instant Pot