Make a perfect dosa at home.
Batter- Ingredients: 1½ cups of idli rice, ½ cup urad dal, 1 tbsp chana dal, 1 tbsp fenugreek seeds, ⅓ cup thick poha.
- Rinse lentils & methi seeds for a couple of times. Soak them for 4-5 hours.
- Rinse rice & poha twice and add them.
- Add 2 cups of water. Stir rice and poha and soak for 4-5 hours.
- Strain water from soaked lentils and methi seeds and keep it for grinding urad dal.
- Add ½ cup strained water and lentils in the grinder jar.
- Grind urad dal, chana dal and methi seeds till fluffy & light batter and add some salt and mix it well.
Stuffing- Ingredients: 4 to 5 medium potatoes (boiled), 1 onion, ½ tbsp mustard seeds,b½ tbsp Cumin seeds, 1 tbsp chana dal, ½ urad dal, asafoetida, curry leaves, chili (chopped), 2 tbsp crushed cashew nuts (optional), Turmeric, 2 tbsp oil, coriander leaves.
- Take boiled potatoes. Peel and cut into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds. When they begin to crackle, add asafoetida, urad dal, chana dal, cumin seeds.
- Sauté until dal turns light brown. Add curry leaves, green chilli & cashew nuts.
- Mix well & sauté for 2 mins, add onion. Sauté until onion turns translucent. Add turmeric powder & salt. Mix well and sauté.
- Add some water. Let it cook over medium flame.
- When water starts to boil, add chopped potatoes. Mix well & lightly mash them. Cook until it turns thick. Stir occasionally.
- Add coriander leaves.
- Heat a pan and sprinkle few drops of water & wait until water evaporates.
- Add ½ tbsp oil and spread evenly. Place a laddle full of batter in center & spread in thin.
- Spread some butter around edges.
- Place potato stuffing on either side and gently keep the second side and fold the dosa.
Eat it hot.