There’s a saying that come what may and no matter whatever situation one is going through be it depressed or sad, good food can cure all disappointments and when it comes to getting to see some good food and culinary skills, MasterChef India comes as the quintessential platform for chefs across the country to come and show their potential in the art of cooking. One such name is Priyanka Biswas who made it to the Top 10 of MasterChef India this year. Priyanka got involved with us in an interesting food-related conversation where she spoke about her favourite meals, recipe and more. Read to find out –
What is your favourite cheat food?
Chicken Roll, Mughlai Paratha, Bread Pakoda.
What would your last meal on Earth be?
A plate full of delicious Chicken dum biryani.
Do you cook at home?
Yes I do but most of the time it’s mum cooking the delicacies.
What do you make? Share a recipe with us
I mostly end up cooking Korean inspired cuisine, one of my family’s favorite is ORANGE SESAME PANEER:-
Ingredients for Orange sesame paneer:-
1. Medium diced paneer cubes- 250gms
2. Boxed Orange juice- 2cups
3. Orange zest(optional) – 1tbsp
4. Sriracha sauce- 2tbsp
5. Finely chopped ginger garlic- 2tbsp
6. Medium diced onions- 1nos.
7. Medium diced capsicum- 1nos.
8. Tomato ketchup- 2tbsp
9. Soy sauce- 1tbsp
10. Cornflour- 2tbsp
11. Water- 2cups
13. Toasted white sesame seeds- 1tbsp
14. Garam masaala- 1tsp
16. Honey- 1tbsp
17. Apple cider Vinegar- 1tsp
20. Maida- 1tbsp
1. Mix cornflour+ Maida+ Salt+ garam masala+ 1/2 cup water; Marinate the paneer pieces, deep fry and keep it aside.
2. In a bowl, mix (1 cup water+ 2tbsp cornflour slurry) +Sriracha sauce+ Soy sauce+ Orange juice+ orange zest+ tomato ketchup & Mix well.
3. In a pan, as oil fumes up add 2 broken red chillies, add chopped ginger garlic, onions and capsicum together into the pan & add
vinegar to it.
4. Add the juice mix into the pan & let it boil until it comes to a saucy consistency, add the paneer pieces & toss it nicely.
5. Drizzle honey on the top & sprinkle toasted sesame seeds. Eat happily.
Veg or Non Veg?
Both actually and it totally depends on the mood & availability especially during pandemic.
Baked or fried?
I would prefer pan-seared then after bake.
Soup or salad?
Salads (N number of delicious possibilities)
One vegetable that you hate the most?
Your erotica food?
Overloaded Hot Chocolava Cake with Vanilla ice cream and fresh berries
Weirdest dish you ever ate?
Once during my high school days, one of my classmates from Manipur surprised me by feeding their fermented fish pickle (though I gulped it bcoz she was so excited about the flavours but yes I was crying inside)
Celebrity you would love to cook for?
I would love to cook for MS Dhoni
Has to be Maggie or Classic Kolkata Egg sandwich
The dish that your family loves when you make:
They love everything but there’s a celebration whenever I especially cook Typical Bengali Bhog or Chicken/Mutton Biriyani.
The best compliment you got was for which dish?
My dish which was a dessert named Namak Ishq Da in Master Chef, I received a wonderful Rose from Michelin chef Vikas Khanna.