Period pain is a common thing that every woman goes through. An estimated 80% of women suffer from period pain and usually take Pills to succumb. Doctors have given period pain a medical name: Dysmenorrhea. Bleeding is good and vital for women’s biological cycle. The period pain can be due to many reasons like having heavy blood flow, being underage, just starting your periods. It can be caused even by consuming contraceptive pills.
Throbbing pain in the lower abdomen, diarrhea, unbearable back pain are some of the severe period pains. There some simple pain relief home remedies that will do you good.
1. Stay Hydrated- Drink plenty of water to keep yourself hydrated. Avoid consuming cold drinks or sugary soda drinks.
2. Applying Heat- Applying some heat to your abdomen and lower back will help you relieve some pain.
3. Oil Massage- Massage therapy will help you get rid of the period of pain. Massage your lower abdomen, lower back for about 20 minutes that will do you good.
4. Adding Herbs to Diet- The anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic in the herbs will help give you some relief from period pain. Consume fennel seeds, chamomile tea, cinnamon, ginger.
5. Avoid Fast Food- Don’t consume any kind of fast food. Avoid eating food fried in olive oil. Oily food will sometimes lead to more pain.
You can even try some Yoga postures, that will help you get relief of period pain.