We are not always happy. We are sad at times and next moment we are full of life and find everything happy. But there are some days when we are happy, especially on an occasion or festival. The month of August is full of festivals and national and international occasions.
Know these few reasons to be happy in august:-
1. Friendship Day [first Sunday of august]- Back in 1935, people started celebrating a day that they dedicated to their friends, and gradually it became popular all over the world. Many countries including India celebrate the first Sunday of August as International Friendship Day. This year, as in 2020, the first Sunday of August falls on 2 August. Let’s celebrate this auspicious day by surprising our friends.
2. Raksha Bandhan- Raksha Bandhan is celebrated on a full moon day in the month of Shravan, that is August. This year, in 2020, the day falls on 3 August. In this festival,, sister ties Rakhi to her brother, whereas brother gifts his sister with greetings.
3. International Youth Day- International Youth Day is celebrated all around the world on 12th of August to focus on the development and protection of the youth in society. As we ourselves are youth, let’s take an oath of protecting each other on this day.
4. Independence Day in India- Back on 15 August 1947, India was freed from the British rule after almost 150 years of struggle and many sacrifices for the sake of Freedom. Right from the day, every year 15 August is celebrated as Independence day in India. Every one of us must participate in the celebration of Independence day as it is the most important day in India’s Golden History.
5. Day of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary- 15th of August is celebrated as The Day of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary, as God assumed the Virgin Mary into Heaven following her death.
Also Read: 5 Ways To Get A Girl Notice You!