As these long term lockdowns have locked every one of us, we tend to overeat and there is no gym and workout. We can’t even move out due to the lockdown. A perfect workout needs equipment while exercising, but here are some exercises without equipment that will keep you fit and healthy.
1. SUPERMAN EXERCISE: If you are worried about your lower back pain then you should try superman exercise. This exercise can strengthen your lower as well as upper back.
How to do this exercise: lie down on a mat with face down, with your arms outstretched in front of you and your legs straight. Raise both your legs and arms at the same time so that they are 10-15 cm off the floor, your body should be forming a bowl shape. Hold this position for a few seconds, then lower back to the starting position. You should feel your lower back, hamstrings and glutes working in the hold position.
2. SQUATS: These exercises can strengthen your most of the body parts and keep them strong. like this can also burn calories and build muscles.there are many varieties of squats but you can do the basic squat exercise.
How to do this exercise: Do 15reps, start in a standing position, hand clasped in front of chest and feet shoulder-width apart,elbows slightly bent. bend your hips and push your hips back, lowering the body into a squat. stop at the bottom, then push back up to the starting position.
3. SWIMMING/AQUAMAN EXERCISE: This exercise increases the stability in the lower back and your coordination. This exercise can strengthen your lower back and glutes, deltoids, hamstrings.
How to do this exercise: Keep your arms and legs straight. lift your legs and arms alternately with each rep. do it for 5-6 reps.
4. PLANK: This exercise is beneficial to strengthen your Abdominals and core muscles. It helps to stabilize, balance.
How to do this exercise: Facedown with your forearms and toes on the floor. your elbows should be directly under your shoulders and your forearms should be facing forward. you should be looking towards the floor. Draw your navel towards your spine. keep your torso straight and rigid and your body in a straight line from ears to toe, with no sagging or bending. This is the neutral spine position. Ensure your shoulders are down, not creeping up towards your ears. Your heals should be over the balls of your feet. Be in this position for 10 sec. and then release the floor. After some days keep on increasing the time to 30, 45,60 seconds.
5. KNEELING EXTENSIONS: This exercise keeps your core muscles strong as well as helps to reduce your lower back pain.
How to do this exercise: Start by kneeling on all fours, your hands should be beneath your knees and your shoulders directly below your hips. Engage your core muscles and slowly lift your right arm extending it out in front of you keeping your arm straight then slowly lift your left leg extending it back, keeping it straight and pointing your toes down.
Keep the same position for 10-30 seconds before slowly lowering back to your starting position. Repeat three times on each side. Remember to keep your core busy the whole time.
Try and push yourself every single time.