The prevalence of iodine shortage is rising, according to numerous research. Iodine deficiency can raise the risk of brain damage if it is not treated in a timely manner. Iodine shortage can also result in permanent mental impairment. Iodine shortage arises from insufficient iodine levels in the soil, which results in low iodine concentrations in food products and insufficient iodine intake in the general population.
Thyroid hormones are created as a result of iodine. This hormone can be deficient, which can lead to issues including mental impairment. You may greatly compensate for an iodine deficiency by eating the correct foods. Please share with us the foods that you can eat to treat your iodine deficit.
1. Seaweed: According to reports, seaweed provides between 16 and 2984 mcg of iodine per gramme. As a result, this is one of the finest foods to enhance your body’s iodine levels.
2. Milk: Milk contains iodine as well. A cup of milk contains about 56 mcg of iodine. So, by ingesting milk, you can raise your body’s iodine levels. Iodine, which is crucial for a child’s brain development, is also present in mother’s milk.
3. Iodized salt: 1.5 grammes of this salt has an iodine content of 71 mcg. Salt should be consumed in sufficient amounts since it contains iodine, which should be present in the diet.
4. Seafood: Three grammes of seafood have an iodine content of roughly 35 mcg. Seafood should be consumed with the shell on since it contains a significant quantity of iodine. This is so because the seafood’s shell contains a lot of iodine.
5. Macaroni: Boiling macaroni contains 27 mcg of iodine, which is sufficient for your body’s daily requirements.