Virat Kohli is one of the best batsmen ever in the world, and also captains the Indian cricket team. Here we have got a collection of facts about him. Check them out!
1. Virat is often called by the nickname ‘Cheeku’. The name was given by the former Delhi coach, Ajit Chaudhary when he joined the Delhi Ranji team.
2. Virat is the third Indian batsman ever to score two ODI hundreds before his 22nd birthday after Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina.
3. He is the first Indian player to score 1000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, 10,000 runs in One day Internationals (ODIs).
4. He is regarded as the first Indian batsman to score three continuous centuries in the One Day International (ODI) format. He was also named as the ICC ODI Cricketer of the year in 2012.
5. He is the only Indian player to score a century in his World Cup debut in 2011 against Bangladesh.
6. Virat captained the India Under-19 team in the 2008 U-19 World Cup.
7. The player has never been auctioned in the Indian Premier League (IPL). He has always preferred to play for Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) since the very first day.
8. Virat is the highest Indian run-scorer in T20 Internationals with 2102 runs in 58 matches and with an average of 48.88.
9. In 2012, he was included in the 10 Best Dressed International Men along with the then US President Barrack Obama.
10. Virat was seen keeping the wickets twice in his career.