The Indian cricket captain, Virat Kohli is loved by his fans all over India. Here are some interesting facts that every fan should know about him. Have a look!
1. Virat’s nickname is Cheeku. He got the name from the former Delhi coach, Ajit Chaudhary when he joined Delhi Ranji team.
2. He is regarded as the first Indian batsman to score three uninterrupted centuries in the one-day format.
3. Virat captained the India Under-19 team in the 2008 U-19 World Cup.
4. He is the first Indian player to score 1000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000, 10,000 runs in One day Internationals (ODIs).
5. The player has 4 tattoos, which includes a golden dragon and a samurai warrior on his hand. He considers these tattoos as a stroke of good luck for him.
6. He is the only Indian player to score a century in his World Cup debut in 2011 against Bangladesh.
7. Virat’s favorite foods are mutton biryani and kheer cooked by his mother.
8. In 2012, he was included in the 10 Best Dressed International Men along with then US President Barrack Obama.
9. He is the only player who has never been actioned in the Indian Premier League (IPL). He has always played for Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) since the very first day.
10. He is the only Indian captain to win against England, Australia and South Africa in Tests.