Mithali Raj is a renowned name in the world right now. She is an inspiration for many. The cricketer changed the perspective of female cricket in India and the world. Mithali Raj bid adieu to international cricket after 23 years of service in June 2022. She is the leading run-getter in the international match. With her passion for carving a new niche for women, she ruled the world of cricket like no other. Let’s check out some unknown facts about the superstar female cricketer Mithali Raj.
1. This might surprise you, but Mithali Raj wanted to be a Bharatnatyam dancer in her childhood, and she did join the class for the same.
2. Mithali Raj has been in cricket for 23 years and has created history for the whole world.
3. The cricketer made her debut on the field in ODI in 1999. She was just 16 at that time. Mithali scored a century in her debut, and to date, she is the youngest ODI centurion in women’s cricket.
4. Mithali, at the age of 19 years, broke Karen Rolton’s highest individual Test score of 209 and yet again made a record of 214 runs.
5. Apart from cricket, she likes to read books and often spots reading stuff.
6. Mithali holds a record for the second most consecutive innings without a duck with 74 innings after Karen Rolton, who made 104.
7. In 2018, Mithali became the first female cricketer to score 2000 runs in Indian women’s cricket in T20. Mithali led India to two ODI World Cup finals in the years 2005 and 2017. But the team couldn’t win the finals both times.
8. Mithali also became the first female cricketer to win Wisden India Cricketer of the Year 2015.
9. The superstar cricketer is the first player to score 7 half-centuries in a row in ODIs.
10. Mithali became the youngest captain of Indian women’s cricket at the age of 21 and ranked 7th worldwide.
Mithali Raj is a legit inspiration for girls all over the country and the world. A biopic movie on Mithali Raj also shows her journey in the cricket World. She is very popular now and has a massive fan following on her Instagram account with 1.7 followers. In addition, the cricketer has been on several reality shows talking about her journey and inspiring the young generation.
Hopefully, you had a great time. Please share your experience with us. Follow IWMBuzz.com.